We are an InsurTech startup based in Barcelona building the insurance company of tomorrow. We believe there is a much better way to cover people's risks and belongings by being fair, transparent, digital and convenient.
People need insurance as they need banks, utilities or food. The industry as a whole exists because people want to feel safe, and protected, knowing that someone will be there when (and if) things go wrong. But, as a consumer, there are very few products that are more inconvenient than insurance (at least up until today). If you ever had to file a claim with your insurance company, you’ll get it.
With technology at our core, at Cleverea we design, develop and distribute the best insurance products. We began with travel insurance, expanded to mobility with insurance for bicycles, kick-scooters and motorbikes and are now entering other verticals within P&C (auto, home, pets, electronics, among others). By leveraging on IoT, connected devices, machine learning and AI we are building the challenger multi line Neoinsurer in Southern Europe to disrupt a $5 trillion industry.
About the role
At Cleverea we are looking for a talented Product Manager to lead our Insurance verticals and willing to face new challenges in an InsurTech startup. You’ll work in a 100% digital product creating the foundations of a Neo-insurer with a multi-line approach (i.e. multiple insurance products like motorbike, car, e-scooters, home...). As a Product Manager - Insurance you will become the owner of several insurance vertical lines from a regulatory point of view. This includes:
- Insurance product design: competitive analysis, user research, coverage definition, underwriting guidelines, pricing...
- Insurance product development: policy wording, pricing implementation, Customer Support training...
- Insurance product maintenance & improvement: portfolio loss monitoring, pricing refinement...
You will be working hand in hand with our Product and Data teams, to ensure that our insurance products are attractive to consumers, easy to understand and purchase, and profitable.
- Design, develop and manage our insurance product lines end to end. Ccurrently motor and home lines. Next verticals may be pets, life and home electronics
- Key activities inlcude conducting market research, drafting policy wording, developing underwriting guidelines, setting coverage limits and deductibles, assisting in the pricing exercises, monitoring portfolio losses, documenting product documentation for Customer Support teams, etc.
- Improve existing products from a product design point of view, including product changes (e.g. coverages, limits, deductibles, policy wording...) based on stakeholder feedback
- Analyze market data and trends, monitor our coverage concepts in comparison with the market, and analyze customers' needs
- Prepare presentations, reports, and valuations explaining defined product features to the stakeholders
- Accompany the technical implementation of the product by our Product and Tech teams
- Anticipate bottlenecks, identify opportunities, manage risk and escalations, and balance stakeholder needs versus technical constraints
- Clear and effective communication with stakeholders like technical owners, product managers, and senior management
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders in actuarial, data science, legal & compliance, operations departments and sales, to assure the quality of our products
- Manage sources and external partners in terms of data management and interface management (API)
- Willingness and openness to design the future of the insurance business
- Work with internal stakeholders from several teams like Operations, Customer Experience, Data and Claims
- Benchmark the competition to make sure we have a meaningful and outstanding value proposition for our customers over time
What you should have
- +5 years of relevant product management experience in an insurance company or an insurtech
- Proven track-record in launching new insurance verticals from idea to production mode in Motor and Home lines
- Strong understanding of the insurance value chain and the Spanish insurance market
- Experience drafting or reviewing policy wording and insurance coverage definition
- Solid knowledge of the Spanish legal and compliance requirements for the insurance sector
- Experience in insurance portfolio loss monitoring
- Experience working with software teams, ideally in the development of digital insurance products
- Actuarial knowledge and experience working with insurance pricing / actuarial teams
- Excellent communicator with strong leadership skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Exceptional analytical skills and data-driven mindset with ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to think top-down and bottom-up and to document processes, guidelines and know how accordingly
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
- Problem solver and results-driven, with a can-do attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Native Spanish and proficient English required
What might be a plus
- Experience at a VC funded startup
- Experience in a consumer insurtech startup
- Technical know-how; you have a solid understanding of how software is made and how it works
- Experience researching and implementing third party tech solutions through APIs
- Working knowledge of SQL
What we offer
- The opportunity to challenge a whole industry from scratch
- A rock solid and fully committed team
- Brand new office in Barcelona’s city centre
- Competitive salary matching your skills and experience
- Flexible working hours and remote working
- Flexible remuneration
- Stock-based compensation
- In-office paid lunch every Wednesday
- Regular in-person team events
- Free coffee and snacks
- Employee discounts
- Employee referral program
- Endless opportunities for professional growth